An Haute Joaillerie collection freely inspired by movie masterpieces.
Representing so much more than an oft-repeated refrain, ‘Chopard Loves Cinema’ is the theme chosen by Chopard to mark its activities at the 75th Cannes Film Festival, which corresponds to the jeweller’s 25th participation as an official partner. On this occasion, Caroline Scheufele has designed a masterful Red Carpet Collection of 75 Haute Joaillerie creations: an epic saga inspired by the grand adventure of cinema from its early black and white charms to its dizzying colours. This creative abundance draws on her own repertoire and the magnificent models capture the watershed moment when contemporary cinema was born and began to blossom.
Caroline Scheufele unveiled the first creations ahead of the full Red Carpet Collection to be staged at the Cannes Film Festival (17 – 28 May 2022). Chopard's tireless Co-President and Artistic Director’s zest for life and eclectic tastes drive her prolific inventiveness and a dazzling capacity to arouse jewellery emotions. Much like a film director, this keen lover of the seventh art has devised a jewellery collection freely inspired by her favourite movies and which have had a lasting impact on her, whether through the worlds they portray or certain legendary scenes that have inducted these masterpieces into cinema’s hall of fame. In tribute to the 75th Cannes Film Festival, the collections was composed of no fewer than 75 Haute Joaillerie creations, whose wonder could be admired on the famous red carpet of the Festival's preview screenings. A technical feat, brought to life through the combined talents and expertise of a team of jewellers such as only Chopard is capable of assembling.
Boundless inspiration from films to jewels
To enhance the dazzling sparkle of this Red Carpet Collection, Chopard’s ateliers have assembled a selection of high-quality precious stones. This approach has notably given rise to earrings set with two 17.16 and 15.85-carat unheated sapphires. While sourcing a single sapphire of this size and with such a naturally rich colour is already a rare occurrence in itself, pairing two specimens of equal properties is quite simply miraculous. To reveal the nobility of this sapphire duo, whose luminous hue is described as cornflower blue, Chopard has combined them with two sets of white, pink and blue diamonds, thus creating an enchanting visual feast.
A great admirer of Alfred Hitchcock's masterpiece To Catch a Thief, Caroline Scheufele has also designed a necklace based on an exceptional 13.69-carat internally flawless D-grade diamond, which evokes the spirit of the French Riviera, whose luxury and relaxed lifestyle have been attracting the greatest stars for decades.
Other jewels in the Red Carpet Collection include a rich pearl necklace punctuated by a pear-shaped spinel that falls gracefully into the hollow of the neck, as well as a set of aquamarine and diamond rings and earrings shaped like the prow of a gondola and Venetian bridges, as well as a pair of earrings in tangy colours punctuated by yellow, pink and white diamonds.
- Necklace in Fairmined-certified ethical 18-carat white gold set with a 13.69-carat D colour Internally Flawless pear-shaped diamond and marquise cut diamonds totalling 43.31 carats.
- Pearl necklace enhanced with diamonds and a pear-shaped spinel.
- Necklace in Fairmined-certified ethical 18-carat white gold set with round and pear-shaped white diamonds (30.98 cts) and round-cut pink diamonds (10.91 cts).
- Ring in Fairmined-certified ethical 18-carat white gold set with a 20.40-carat unheated cushion-shaped vivid blue sapphire and with diamonds (2.84 cts).
- Ring in Fairmined-certified ethical 18-carat white gold and titanium set with a 57.55-carat oval-shaped aquamarine and brilliant-cut diamonds (3.45 cts).
- Earrings in Fairmined-certified ethical 18-carat white gold set with two unheated cushion-shaped cornflower blue 17.16 and 15.85-carat sapphires, a D colour Internally Flawless oval-shaped 3.03-carat diamond, a D colour oval-shaped 3.19-carat diamond with VVS1 clarity, two fancy intense purple pink 0.71 and 0.68-carat diamonds, two 0.66 and 0.54-carat fancy blue diamonds and brilliant-cut diamonds (1.57 ct).
- Earrings in Fairmined-certified ethical 18-carat white and yellow gold set with pear-shaped yellow diamonds (36.47 cts), round-cut pink diamonds (5.26 cts) and brilliant-cut diamonds (1.48 ct).
- Earrings in Fairmined-certified ethical 18-carat white gold set with a grey spinel (8.20 cts), a pink spinel (7.87 cts), an orange spinel (3.45 cts) and a green spinel (2.82 cts), all oval-shaped; as well as pear-shaped and marquise-cut diamonds (5.28 cts).
- Earrings in Fairmined-certified ethical 18-carat yellow and white gold set with yellow and white diamonds.
- Earrings in Fairmined-certified ethical 18-carat white gold and titanium set with two pear-shaped aquamarines, two pearls, brilliant-cut diamonds and sapphires.
- Earrings in Fairmined-certified ethical 18-carat white gold and titanium set with cabochon-cut emeralds (6.95 cts), turquoises (27.52 cts), moonstones (45 cts), amazonite (30.80 cts), agate (30.80 cts), tsavorites (15.95 cts), chrysoprase (6.24 cts), jadeite (4.76 cts), emeralds (1.84 cts), chalcedony (1.44 cts) and Paraiba tourmalines (0.77 ct).
- Bracelet in Fairmined-certified ethical 18-carat white gold set with pink, orange, violet, grey, red and blue oval-shaped spinels (totalling 72.01 cts) and pear-shaped, marquise-cut and round-cut diamonds (28.39 cts).
- Jewellery watch in Fairmined-certified ethical 18-carat white gold, entirely set with diamonds (32.82 cts) and multicoloured sapphires (17.48 cts).
- Watch in Fairmined-certified ethical 18-carat white gold, full-set with diamonds (27.21 cts) and rubies (8.40 cts).
- Ring in Fairmined-certified ethical 18-carat white gold set with a 4.40 ct round-cut emerald and diamonds (4.04 cts).
- Ring in Fairmined-certified ethical 18-carat white and rose gold, aluminium and titanium set with spessartite garnets (13.64 cts), tsavorites (3.23 cts) and diamonds (0.49 ct).
- Ring in Fairmined-certified ethical 18-carat white gold, titanium and aluminium set with a 2 ct round-cut diamond, rubies (4.70 cts), pink sapphires (3.13 cts) and diamonds
- Choker in Fairmined-certified ethical 18-carat white gold set with diamonds (204.35 cts).