In 2021, OMEGA’s famous diving watch embraces the dark side, with a new model in the blackest black.
On this exciting new addition to the Diver 300M collection first released in 1993, OMEGA has taken advantage of ceramic’s versatility, to create a watch in contrasting shades from a single colour. As always, OMEGA has stayed true to the 300M’s original design and ensures the watch meets all required dive watch functions. As well as being easy on the eye, the Seamaster Diver 300M Black Black is easy to read - even in the dark.
To create a true sense of deepness, and to signify the darkest corners of the ocean, the 43.5 mm polished-brushed case in black ceramic [ZrO2] is fixed to the wrist by an integrated black rubber strap with a buckle in the same material as the case. To ensure every part of the watch blends in beautifully, OMEGA’s watchmakers also created black ceramic versions of the crown and helium escape valve.
Light from the darkness
Although the new Black Black is the colour of night, its dial is easy-to-read at all hours. To ensure visibility without spoiling the Diver’s overall aesthetic, OMEGA has introduced anthracite Super-LumiNova to the diving scale, the black PVD indexes and skeleton hands, and dot at 12H. Although these essential markers all glow in different colours in the dark, the anthracite turns them dark-grey in daylight.
A Laser-Ablated Name
For the first time, OMEGA has laser-ablated almost every detail on the black ceramic [ZrO2] dial. From the iconic waves to the minute track, wording and even the OMEGA symbol, the details have been crafted in positive relief from just one single piece. The unique construction method delivers a superb contrasting effect, while giving the watch a very distinctive, uniform and sculptural look. The same positive relief style can be found on the diving scale of the unidirectional bezel.
Adding some light to the darkness is a window with a clear view of the movement. The caseback, which is of course in polished-brushed black ceramic, has a sapphire crystal glass. Keeping everything oriented is OMEGA’s patented "NAIAD LOCK" with wave-edged design, which has been metallised with "NAIAD LOCK" and "DIVER 300M", "300 m / 1000 ft".
Through the caseback glass, proud wearers of the watch can view the OMEGA Co-Axial Master Chronometer Calibre 8806, certified at the industry’s highest standards of precision, performance and magnetic resistance by the Swiss Federal Institute of Metrology (METAS). OMEGA’s worldwide 5-year warranty is further proof of the brand’s confidence in the stunning new Seamaster Diver 300M Black Black.
Seamaster Diver 300M Black Black
- OMEGA Co-Axial Master Chronometer Calibre 8806
- Watch officially certified by METAS
- Self-winding in both directions
- Jewels: 35
- Frequency: 25’200 A/h (3.5 Hz)
- Power reserve: 55 hours
- Exclusive features with:
- Magnetic resistant 15,000 Gauss
- Silicon " Si14 " balance spring
- OMEGA free sprung-balance
- Co-Axial Escapement, 3 levels
- Special luxury finish:
- Rhodium-plated rotor and bridges
- Geneva waves in arabesque
- Blackened screws, barrels and balance wheel
- Central hour-minute-seconds hands
- Case: Black ceramic [ZrO2]
- Dial: Black ceramic [ZrO2]
- Strap: rubber
- Buckle: black ceramic [ZrO2]
- Diameter: 43.5 mm
- Height: 14.47 mm
- Water resistant up to: 30 bar (300 m / 1000 ft)
- Casebody: polished-brushed
- Bezel: uni-directional rotating; laser ablated black ceramic ring with polished diving scale in positive relief; dot at 12H with anthracite Super-LuminNova (green emission)
- Conical helium escape valve: polished with engraved " He " at 10H
- Crown: polished screw-in crown with engraved Ω
- Front Sapphire: domed scratchresistant sapphire crystal with antireflective treatment on both sides
- Caseback: polished-brushed; oriented OMEGA " NAIAD LOCK " (patented), wave-edged design,
metallised " NAIAD LOCK ", " DIVER 300M ", " 300 m / 1000 ft "
- Colour: black ceramic [ZrO2] laser engraved pattern with waves on top
- Hour-markers : black PVD indexes with anthracite Super-LumiNova (blue emission)
- Polished facetted black PVD skeleton hands, anthracite Super-LumiNova
- Blue emission: hour and seconds hands (in line with indexes)
- Green emission: minute hand (in line with the dot on diving bezel)
- Integrated black rubber on polished-brushed black ceramic [ZrO2] buckle
- Fitting: 21 mm between lugs, 18 mm on buckle
- 5-year warranty
- Delivered with a Master Chronometer certification card, ensuring that the watch has passed the tests certified by METAS
- Approx. total weight: 115 g (Based on medium-sized strap)